About:

As part of the Dream Up Festival,
Sophie’s Sweet 16 is a story of a woman suffering dementia who dies and comes back to revisit her final moments in order to find peace.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Midweek Break

"Wow, I knew you told me you were an artist, but I really didn't know how good of an artist you really were until I saw it for myself. I was blown away man by what you wrote, how you directed it, and how you acted in it. I came back uptown and immediately started telling everyone about it."
       If you want to say overwhelmed, that would be an understatement to the emotion the writer/director/actor and the stage manager felt after hearing an audience member's reaction after Monday night's performance. Though there is always something that can be refined, those words were just what we needed to hear going into a two day break we have between performances. "Sophie's Sweet 16" continues to shine each night brighter and brighter.
  The next performance is Thursday, August 29th at 9pm.  Remember, if you haven't preordered tickets, it is $15 cash only at the box office. Hope to see you at Theater for the New City on First Ave between 9th and 10th streets. If you have seen our show already, remember to stay in touch because this is just the beginning for some of these characters.....

No comments:

Post a Comment